Oven Roasted Asparagus & Eggs on an English Muffin
Oven roasted asparagus and eggs are a delicious breakfast treat that will blow away your holiday guests. Serve for breakfast or brunch, and please don’t just reserve this recipe for the holidays. The oven roasted asparagus can be preprepared in advance the day before, or even a few days ahead.
I’ve included the recipe for oven roasted asparagus that I use from All Recipe.
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
While the asparagus is cooking, prepare to cook eggs and English muffins.
With about 5 minutes left in the cooking time for asparagus, start cooking your eggs, and drop your English muffins in the toaster
Servings: 4 muffins Cook time: 15 minutes
2 English muffins, split (white, wheat or sourdough)
2 t Butter
2 Green onions, chopped
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- For Over-Easy or Over-Hard Eggs: HEAT 2 tsp. butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- BREAK eggs and SLIP into the pan, 1 at a time. IMMEDIATELY reduce heat to low.
- COOK SLOWLY until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. SLIDE turner under each egg and carefully FLIP it over in pan. COOK second side to desired doneness. SPRINKLE with salt and pepper. SERVE immediately.
Cut asparagus stems off, leaving about 4 inches of the heads.
On the toasted English muffin, add 4-5 asparagus heads, top with egg and sprinkle with green onions, salt and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
As always, happy cooking,