I’m always looking for easy, delicious breakfast recipes. If it’s something I can cook the night before, even better. I’m never in the mood to cook in the morning. And this recipe is perfect for reheating the next morning.
This is a recipe I make in bulk when we’re having company, because who doesn’t like potatoes? Oh, wait, keto dieters! Well, maybe they can have a cheat day for this recipe.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
- 3 large baking potatoes, diced
- 1 T. water
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried parsley
- ½ t. dried rosemary
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Add potato and water to a large microwave safe dish and cover. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or just until potatoes are crisp tender, but not mushy. Do not over cook.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add red pepper and onion and sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, and smoked paprika.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the pepper and onion soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Drain excess moisture from the potatoes and pat dry. Transfer to the skillet and season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and slightly crispy, approximately 6-7 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the warm potatoes. Cover just until the cheese melts and serve immediately. Enjoy!