5 Summer Kitchen Hacks to Make Your Life Easier
There are so many things that are complicated in our lives. Especially now that your kids are home for the summer (if you have kids in school). I’ve seen some great food hacks over the years, but these are my favorite 5 summer kitchen hacks to make your life easier.
- How do I know if my avocado is past its prime?
Pull off the stem. If the color underneath is yellow or green, your avocado is still in eating condition. If it’s brown, well, maybe you should have eaten it sooner.
2. Hate getting bugs in your drink when you’re enjoying time on the deck? Top your glass with a cupcake paper and a straw. Even if you’re sipping a nice glass of wine, this is still a great hack. You don’t have to drink the wine through the straw, but it does keep the cupcake paper in place. Image credit: http://imgur.com/wnv17i9
3. Aw shucks. Shucking strawberries, that is. You can watch this video, but it’s basically pushing a straw through the bottom of the strawberry and out the top. Boom! Shucks!
4. We are some watermelon eating fools in our house. And this video is a great example of how to cut a watermelon for everyone to enjoy.
5. Separation anxiety. That’s right, separating yolks from whites. This is brilliant, and we always have empty water bottles around, so this is a no-brainer for me and my husband.
There you have it, 5 summer kitchen hacks to make your life easier. I hope you have a wonderful summer, and keep checking back for more summer fun.
As always, happy cooking,